Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Guidelines
East Greenbush Community Library card holders in good standing may request through interlibrary loan items not owned by a library in the Upper Hudson Library System (UHLS). Most requests are filled in 2-4 weeks, though it may take longer due to current circumstances. Patrons are responsible for any fee imposed by the lending library upon approval of the patron. Interlibrary Loan items are considered specialty items and accrue fines at the rate of $1 per day.
If a renewal is needed, contact the library to determine if the loan period may be extended. Renewals depend on the policy of the lending library, not the policy of the East Greenbush Community Library.
Borrowers are responsible for the replacement cost of lost or damaged materials as imposed by the lending library.
Items Eligible for Request
- Books older than six months
- Copies of journal, magazine, or newspaper articles less than 100 pages. In general, lending institutions charge for articles over 30 pages.
Items Ineligible for Request
- Items owned by a UHLS library. To see if a UHLS library owns an item, search our catalog.
- Music CDs
- Video games
- Issues of journals, magazines, or newspapers
- Copies of journal, magazine, or newspaper articles longer than 100 pages
- No more than five items at a time
- Renewals are dependent on approval of lending institution.