Hoopla is a digital media service which enables patrons to borrow a selection of movies, television shows, educational/instructional videos, documentaries, music, e-books, e-audiobooks, comics, and graphic novels.
There are no holds and everything may be downloaded instantly!
- Download the hoopla app/channel (Android, Apple, Roku or Kindle Fire) or go to https://www.hoopladigital.com.
- Log in with your East Greenbush Community Library Card Number (The barcode on the back of your card – enter with no spaces).
- Borrow free digital movies, television shows, music, audiobooks, and e-books!
Hoopla Collection Highlights
- Hoopla offers a dynamic catalog of over 40,000 bestselling e-audiobooks.
- While Hoopla is restricted to certain publishers, it includes bestselling e-audiobooks from HarperCollins, Simon & Schuster, Macmillan, Hachette and Blackstone.
- Several publishers provide their titles after a specified period of time. HarperCollins provides their full list to hoopla one year after release. Blackstone provides titles to hoopla three months after release. The collection is constantly updated.
- E-audiobooks checkout for 3 weeks.
- The e-book collection on Hoopla is constantly growing as more publishers bring their content to Hoopla’s platform.
- Elmo, Cookie Monster, Big Bird, and more beloved children’s characters are now on Hoopla! Sesame Workshop has joined the platform with a curated collection of e-books, comics, and videos.
- Lonely Planet, one of the world’s most popular and trusted travel publishers, has added hundreds of titles to the e-book collection.
- Grove/Atlantic, the renowned independent publisher of literary fiction, nonfiction, poetry, drama, and translations, brings their collection of award-winning titles and authors including Jeanette Winterson, Viet Thanh Nguyen, Roxane Gay, and more to Hoopla.
- Over 160,000 titles instantly available!
Comics and Graphic Novels
- Over 9,000 titles instantly available!
- Publishers include Dark Horse Comics, DC Comics, Disney Comics and Marvel.
- Music lovers will find thousands compilations, soundtracks, kids’ tunes, and more.
- Includes many new releases!
- Movie vendors include Lionsgate, Paramount Broad, Green Pictures and more.
- Interested in learning? Watch a Great Course or PBS series!
- Nickelodeon videos are available for kids.
Hoopla Kids Mode
Hoopla also offers a Kids Mode setting where all content shown while in Kids Mode is deemed suitable for children 12 years and under. You will not be able to see any other content when you are in Kids Mode.
More About Kids Mode
Kids Mode on a Computer
To enter Kids Mode on a computer, sign into your account and go to the account settings at the top of the page.
Kids Mode in the Hoopla App
- To enter Kids Mode in the Hoopla app, tap My Hoopla and then the account settings icon.
- Flip the toggle on to set the device to Kids Mode, then tap Cancel to exit account settings.
- To turn off Kids Mode, go back to settings and flip the toggle off.
Kids Mode on Android TV or Fire TV
- Using your remote, navigate to the blue side menu, then navigate down to settings.
- Select Kids Mode and select Turn On.
Settings must be changed separately on your computer, in the app and on your Android or Fire TV. Kids Mode is not yet available in Apple TV or Roku.
Hoopla is available to East Greenbush and Schodack residents. [Update 4/13/20: Hoopla is now available to all UHLS members!] Each patron gets 5 checkouts per month (total), and the count resets on the first of the month. Checkout credits do not roll over from month to month.
- Video: 3 days
- Music: 7 days
- E-books and audiobooks: 21 days
Checkout not working?
- You may not be an East Greenbush or Schodack resident or you are a resident that got your card somewhere other than our library. Current residents are welcome to stop by and get a replacement resident card (and new account number) at no cost.
- Your card may be expired. Please stop by or call us at 518-477-7476 (option 0) to renew.
- Your account may have too many fines or fees on it. Users must have less than $5 in fines/fees to use this service. You can contact us or login to your library account to make a payment.