TaxAide is unable to offer tax preparation services at our location this year. It is our understanding that TaxAide will be offered at the following Capital District locations. You may call them to inquire about TaxAide after January 17. Or dial 2-1-1 to find available tax assistance appointments (expect long hold times for 211 calls).
- Cohoes Senior Center (518-235-2420)
- The Crossings of Colonie (518-459-3977)
- Valatie Village Office (518-758-9342)
Tax forms and instructions currently in stock in the library lobby. (Updated 2/14/22)
- IRS 1040 form booklets and 1040 instructions
- New York State IT-201 and IT-201-I (instructions), as well as a full range of additional NY State tax forms/instructions.
Tools and Information
- MyFreeTaxes.com, an online tax preparation service from United Way
- IRS Free File: free DIY online tax preparation
- IRS: tools for individual taxpayers
- IRS: what’s new and what to consider when filing in 2021
- AARP Foundation TaxAide Online Tax Assistance (See frequently asked tax questions and submit your own question and receive a response)
- Search for TaxAide locations online or call 1-888-227-7669. (TaxAide Locator will be updated by early February.)
- AARP Local Assistance Directory: search for tax programs by geographic area (not just TaxAide)
- United Way of the Greater Capital Region 2-1-1 Service: search for tax assistance online or by phone (dial 2-1-1 to speak to a representative). Service available beginning 1/29/2021.
- Find a VITA tax assistance site
- NYS Dep’t of Taxation and Finance: free tax return preparation assistance