Book Sale Information
What Makes a Good Donation
Please keep in mind this rule of thumb when deciding what to donate – “If you wouldn’t buy the book yourself, please don’t donate it.”
- Cover in good condition
- Pages are white – not yellowed or visibly aged
- The book topic is current and has a big audience of potential readers
Donations We Do Not Accept
Please do not donate the items listed below. They don’t sell well and the Friends incur costs to recycle leftover materials. This decreases the money that the Friends can donate to the library for special programs.
- Books that show signs of aging, heavy use or mold or are water damaged or missing pages
- Books with pages marked up or highlighted
- VHS, vinyl records, cassette tapes
- Magazines or pamphlets
- Encyclopedias and reference books such as dictionaries, thesaurus, and foreign language translations
- Books on childcare, parenting, and computers
- Books on topics in the areas of business, travel, cooking, gardening, home care and decorating that are more than 10 years old
More Donation Information
- If you have items that we do not accept, please recycle them on your own.
- Please limit your donation to 1 box or less per donation.
- All book donations are tax-deductible. For your tax purposes, we offer a Donation Form that you can complete yourself.
Summer Book Sale 2021
Future Book Sales
Stay tuned for more information as it becomes available.
We do offer a year-round book sale in the main library. There are books for all ages and the shelves are restocked often. The children’s book sale cart is located next to the entrance of the Children’s Room. Payment is accepted at the circulation desk.
The Children’s Festival and Book Sale have not been rescheduled.
Ongoing Book Sale
We offer a variety of books and media for sale year-round. Prices are listed at the sale display located across from Reference. Items are refreshed regularly. Stay tuned for announcements regarding upcoming themed collections we’ll be offering. Subscribe to receive email notifications about special sales and other events.
Each month we will feature books on a special topic. These books are available in the “Book House” display located at the front entrance of the library. Shelves are restocked often while supplies last.
The success of our book sales results from ongoing, yearlong efforts of many committed volunteers. Please contact us if you are interested in doing book sorting (year-round), pre-sale preparation or day-of-sales support. You can leave your name and contact information at the Circulation Desk at the library or email firstname.lastname@example.org