Book Sale Information
Good news! We have resumed accepting book donations. Books, CDs, DVDs & Audiobooks on CDs in clean, good quality condition will be accepted until October 31st. We will not be accepting donations November 1st through December 31st. Look for a blue plastic bin in the lobby of the library to place your donations. Please keep in mind this rule of thumb when deciding what to donate – “If you wouldn’t buy the book yourself, please don’t donate it.”
What Makes a Good Donation
- Cover in good condition
- Pages are white – not yellowed or visibly aged
- The book topic is current and has a big audience of potential readers
Donations We Do Not Accept
Please do not donate the items listed below. They don’t sell well and the Friends incur costs to recycle leftover materials. This decreases the money that the friends can donate to the library for special programs.
- Books that show signs of aging, heavy use or mold or are water damaged or missing pages
- Books with pages marked up or highlighted
- VHS, vinyl records, cassette tapes
- Magazines or pamphlets
- Encyclopedias, technical and reference books and those on health topics, child care, business, travel, home care and decorating, more than 10 years old
More Donation Information
- If you have items that we do not accept, please recycle them on your own.
- Please limit your donation to 2 boxes of books.
- All book donations are tax-deductible. For your tax purposes, we offer a Donation Form that you can complete yourself.
Summer Book Sale 2021
Future Book Sales
We hope to have a book sale in the Fall, but this may have a modified format. Stay tuned for more information as it becomes available. In the meantime, check the upcoming events area on this page for information about our mini book sales at the Farmers’ Market.
The Children’s Festival and Book Sale have not been rescheduled.
Fall Book Sale – coming soon!
Ongoing Book Sale
We offer a variety of books and media for sale year-round. Prices are listed at the sale display located across from Reference. Items are refreshed regularly. Stay tuned for announcements regarding upcoming themed collections we’ll be offering. Subscribe to receive email notifications about special sales and other events.
The success of our book sales results from ongoing, yearlong efforts of many committed volunteers. Please contact us if you are interested in doing book sorting (year-round), pre-sale preparation or day-of-sales support. You can leave your name and contact information at the Circulation Desk at the library or email firstname.lastname@example.org