Adult Book Sales
The Friends sponsor two Book & Media Sales for adults and teens (no children’s books) each year – one in the spring and one in the fall. See below for the dates for the upcoming sale.
Each of these book sales features as many as 20,000 items for the public to purchase. In addition to a broad selection of fiction, the following are just some of the other popular topics available:
- Art, Health, Self-help, Religion and Nature
- Sports, Cooking, Home Improvement and Gardening
AS OF MARCH 1st:
We will not be accepting book or media donations until a new Book Sale Chair(s) is found.
This restriction will remain in effect until a new Book Sale Chair is found. Thank you for your patience. If you’d like to learn more about the Book Sale Chair position, contact us at email@example.com
- Donations of sale items are usually accepted year-round, except just before and after each sale.
- Books, CDs, DVDs & Audiobooks on CDs in clean, good quality condition may be left on the cart near the Circulation Desk at the library at any time.
- If you have more than 6 boxes of materials to donate, please call the library to make special arrangements before you bring them in. You can use the cart near the Circulation Desk to help transport the items into the library.
- Please be considerate of our volunteer sorters. If books are moldy, water damaged, dirty or missing pages, please recycle them instead of donating them to the library. Check boxes or bags to make certain that you have not included items you did not intend to donate.
- Because of the limited interest in magazines, VHS tapes, audio cassettes, encyclopedias or any textbook or technical book more than 10 years old, please do not include these with your donated materials.
- All book donations are tax-deductible. For your tax purposes, we offer a Donation Form that you can complete yourself. You may download one here or pick up one of these forms at the circulation desk when you bring in your donation.
No Spring Book & Media Sale
We’re still seeking a Book Sale Chair or Chairs to oversee our sales. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this position.
Ongoing Book Sale
GO LARGE! with your favorite authors (special collection available for sale starting March 1st)