Hotspot Policy PDF
- Hotspots are available to adult East Greenbush/Schodack resident cardholders with accounts in good standing. Online cards and MyCards are not accepted.
- One hotspot can be checked out per household.
- After checking in a hotspot, a borrower must wait at least 48 hours before checking out a hotspot again.
- Once a hotspot is checked out to a patron, it becomes the responsibility of that patron. Any changes in condition or content while in the patron’s care will be the patron’s responsibility. The patron is responsible for damage, loss, theft, and/or International Roaming charges accrued due to data usage outside of the United States.
- If any technical problems are encountered, patrons should return the device immediately to the Circulation Staff.
- The user will not tamper with the hotspot (hardware and software), or attempt to open, repair or modify the hotspot in any way.
- A daily overdue fee will be charged for a hotspot that is not returned.
- Service will be disconnected within 48 hours of a hotspot becoming overdue.
- Patrons are responsible for replacement costs if the hotspot or any parts are lost, stolen, damaged, or not returned.
- If a hotspot is reconfigured or reset by a borrower, a fee will be assessed.
- The Library is not responsible for any liability, damages or expense resulting from the use or misuse of the hotspot device, connection of the device to other electronic devices, or data loss resulting from the use of device and/or connection to the Internet.
- Wireless security is not implied. The user acknowledges and accepts all risks associated with the use of the wireless data device. There is no warranty, express or otherwise.
The Library does not have access to or collect specific usage data. The Library does not provide patron information to the service provider. The only data the Library collects about the hotspots are the following:
- total amount of data transmitted and received by each device during a billing cycle, and
- anonymous circulation data related to the number of checkouts of each device.