Position Available: Librarian I, Full-Time
Download: Librarian I Outreach 2023 (PDF)
We are seeking a dynamic, community-focused individual to join our team at the East Greenbush Community Library. This role is ideal for someone who is technologically savvy, self-motivated, and deeply committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion. This position, which reports to the Head of Adult & Information Services, plays a crucial role in bridging connections between the library, the local community, and various organizations to expand the reach and impact of our library services.
- Developing and strengthening partnerships with community organizations.
- Identifying and pursuing potential new partnership opportunities for the library.
- Actively promoting the library and its services to diverse audiences.
- Planning, coordinating, and implementing a range of library activities and programs.
- Enhancing existing collaborations with local schools and daycare centers.
- Representing the library professionally and thoughtfully in various settings.
- Adapting to dynamic and evolving work environments.
- Assisting in the creation of promotional materials.
- Contributing to collection development, readers’ advisory, and reference services.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a skilled communicator and a confident public speaker.
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Show a natural flair for creativity and innovation.
- Have the ability to thrive in a changing environment.
- Demonstrate a genuine passion for community service and engagement.
- 37.5 hours per week. Schedule will vary but will include at least one evening per week and a weekend rotation.
- MLS from an ALA accredited library school
- NYS Public Library Professional Certificate
- Eligible for provisional appointment as a Librarian I under Rensselaer County Civil Service Guidelines
- The library will consider equivalent work experience in lieu of the MLS. The responsibilities of the position would be adjusted to reflect that of a Library Assistant.
- Salary Pay Scale for Librarian I (Step Schedule): $48,846–61,057
- Salary Pay Scale for Library Assistant (Step Schedule): $38,640-48,300
- A collaborative and inclusive workplace culture.
- Opportunities for personal and professional development.
- A role that has a meaningful impact on the community.
- 37.5 scheduled work week with medical, dental, vision, NYS retirement benefits.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time-off.
Please send a resume, cover letter, three professional references, and Rensselaer County Civil Service application to Catherine Snow, Head of Adult & Information Services at email@example.com. Position will remain open until filled. Review of applications will begin immediately.
The East Greenbush Community Library is the central hub of our community, where people feel welcome, supported in learning, and connected to community and one another. Our mission is to inspire learning, imagination, collaboration, and compassion by providing our community with equitable access to resources in a welcoming environment. Annually, we circulate over 300,000 items a year, host programs attended by 20,000+ residents, and keep our doors open seven days a week, attracting more than 100,000 visitors. Voted Times Union Best Library, second place, three years running, we take pride in our inclusive team, committed to diversity and equity, which operates cohesively to deliver outstanding library services. We remain steadfast in our commitment to support our staff’s growth and ongoing success. Join us in making a difference through our exceptional library services.