Position Available: Librarian I – Adult & Information Services, Full-time
The East Greenbush Community Library is seeking a dynamic, community-focused individual who is technologically savvy, committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and works well in a team environment. This position reports to the Head of Adult & Information Services and will have a focus on providing superior reference service and engaging our community with the library’s digital resources.
Responsibilities of this position will include but are not limited to:
- Basic troubleshooting of electronic devices
- Readers’ advisory and reference services
- Collection development
- Expand the library’s social media presence
- Develop and conduct library programs with a focus on digital literacy
- Contribute to the library’s website
- Stay current with trends in library technology
- 37.5 hours per week. Schedule will include at least one evening per week and a regular weekend rotation.
- MLS from an ALA accredited library school
- NYS Public Library Professional Certificate
- Eligible for provisional appointment as a Librarian I under Rensselaer County Civil Service Guidelines
- The library will consider equivalent work experience in lieu of the MLS. The responsibilities of the position would be adjusted to reflect that of a Library Assistant.
- Salary Pay Scale for Librarian I (Step Schedule): $48,846–61,057
- Salary Pay Scale for Library Assistant (Step Schedule): $38,640-48,300
- 37.5 scheduled work week with medical, dental, vision, NYS retirement benefits.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time-off.
Please send a resume, cover letter, three professional references, and Rensselaer County Civil Service application to Catherine Snow, Head of Adult & Information Services at email@example.com. Position will remain open until filled. Review of applications will begin immediately.
The East Greenbush Community Library is the central hub our of community, where people feel welcome, supported in learning, and connected to community and one another. Our mission is to inspire learning, imagination, collaboration, and compassion by providing our community with equitable access to resources in a welcoming environment. Annually, we circulate over 300,000 items a year, host programs attended by 20,000+ residents, and keep our doors open seven days a week, attracting more than 100,000 people visitors. Voted Times Union Best Library, second place, three years running, we take pride in our inclusive team, committed to diversity and equity, which operates cohesively to deliver outstanding library services. We remain steadfast in our commitment to support our staff’s growth and ongoing success. Join us in making a difference through our exceptional library services!