Job Posting: Library Assistant, Media & Technology (Full-Time)
Download: FT Library Assistant, Media & Technology
The East Greenbush Community Library is seeking a dynamic, innovative individual who is technologically savvy, service-oriented, works well in a team environment, and is committed to diversity, equity, and equality. The ideal candidate will work collaboratively with our Adult & Information Services team to provide technology assistance and reference support to the public. Additionally, the candidate will work with our IT Support Specialist to provide technology assistance and support to library staff.
The Library Assistant will coordinate the library’s social media presence and partner with other staff to create a single brand across all digital platforms; plan and organize topical programs related to computers, library digital resources, and emerging technologies; and troubleshoot and provide basic day-to-day tech support for library technology, referring major issues to our IT Support Specialist.
Additional responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing and updating brochures for all things tech related
- Providing setup and support for technology in library programs
- Assist patrons and staff with technology instruction
- Assist patrons with information inquiries and reading suggestions
- Help to implement new library technologies as needed
- Help staff and patrons stay informed of changing technologies
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, and be able to listen and respond appropriately to patron needs in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of current and emerging library technology, trends, and practices.
- Ability to teach and problem solve across a wide range of technologies.
- Ability to function well as part of a team that supports the overall goals of the library.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive).
- Experience with Windows based operating systems.
- Excellent customer service skills.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree and one year of library or media/technology related experience or Associates Degree and three years of library or media/technology related experience, or high school diploma or equivalent and four years of library or media/technology experience.
SALARY PAY SCALE (STEP SCHEDULE): $40,460-$50,575
ASSIGNMENT: 12 months per year; 37.5 hours per week; evening/weekend rotation.
REPORTS TO: Head of Adult & Information Services
BENEFITS: Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, NYS retirement, professional development, paid holidays, and generous paid-time off.
This is a civil service position and appointments are provisional.
Please submit a Cover letter, Resume, Rensselaer County Civil Service application and three professional references to: Dawn Geurds, Business & Operations Manager, email@example.com. Closing date to apply is September 24, 2023.
The mission of the East Greenbush Community Library is to serve as a community center for lifelong learning, with a broad range of ideas and information through traditional and emerging resources to meet the intellectual, recreational, and cultural needs of residents. We circulate over 200,000 items a year, and 20,000+ residents attend library programs. The library is open seven days a week, and more than 100,000 people visit the library yearly. Voted Times Union Capital Region Best Library- 2nd place, 3rd year running.
We are deliberate and self-reflective about the kind of team and culture we are building, and we are seeking colleagues that are not only strong in their own aptitudes, but care deeply about supporting each other’s growth and providing top-notch library service to the community. We value diversity- in backgrounds and in experiences. Equity, diversity, and inclusion are central to the promotion and practice of intellectual freedom, and we need people from all backgrounds and walks of life to be a part of our team.