Computer Database (Collection)
Online subscription resources purchased by your library. Find computer-related product introductions, news and reviews in areas such as hardware, software, electronics, engineering, communications and the application of technology.
This service offers over 70 self-paced online training courses. To take a course, click the “order now” button and select “webucator vouchers” as the method of payment. For some courses, a single voucher is not enough to pay for a course and it will act as a discount code. Call or visit a librarian for a voucher code.
Tech-Talk arms you with the missing technology (and communications) skills you need to get good grades, better jobs and higher pay. It is digital learning with easy-to-read articles, videos, and other fun stuff with the tips and tricks you need to be competitive in today’s hi-tech world. Available as a database, an app, and a weekly newsletter (sign up). Member login: user name and password are both free-learning.
Get Ready (new users)
What is an operating system?
Microsoft Digital Literacy
Modules that start at the beginner level and progress through a variety of topics.
Internet and Email
Intro to Email
A collection of lessons shorter than 5 minutes each from beginners.
Evaluating Web Pages
Learn how to quickly find what you need to know about a web page and use a checklist to evaluate whether the website can be trusted.
Assessing the Credibility of Online Sources
A quick guide to help you judge the credibility of websites.
Online Safety Information Resources
A variety of resources from Microsoft to avoid scams, combat cyberbullying, and more.
Short tutorials for beginner and intermediate users. Contains many tutorials in Spanish.
Easy-to-follow technology guides for beginners.
Tutorials for beginner and intermediate users, sorted by subject.
Basic Computer Skills Online Course
Wisc-Online provides self-paced courses presented in learning order with more detailed tutorials for beginning users.
Many tutorials listed from beginning to advanced, separated by subject.
Many tutorials categorized by subject. Geared toward older adults.
Technology Classes and Workshops
A variety of tutorials created by the Denver Public Library that can be filtered by subject. Some tutorials available in Spanish.
Microsoft courses in coding and software that can build into IT certifications.
Have you ever considered getting rid of your traditional TV services, but aren’t sure about your options? Here are some resources from our Cord-Cutting 101 class. If we have another class scheduled soon, you can find it in our event calendar.
- Fairpoint Internet availability: https://www.consolidated.com/residential/internet/order-internet
- Verizon FIOS availability: https://www.verizon.com/inhome/qualification
- Check your internet speed: https://www.speedtest.net/
- Live TV Options for Cord Cutters: https://www.cnet.com/news/best-live-tv-streaming-services-for-cord-cutters/
- Guide to Sling TV: https://www.tomsguide.com/us/what-is-sling-tv-faq,news-20474.html
- Guide to YouTube TV: https://www.tomsguide.com/us/youtube-tv-vs-cable-tv-replacements,news-24578.html
- Watching MLB Games Without Cable: https://www.groundedreason.com/how-to-watch-mlb-games-without-cable/
- Watch NHL Games Without Cable: https://www.groundedreason.com/watch-nhl-games-online-without-cable/
- Watching NBA Games Without Cable: https://www.techhive.com/article/3138491/basketball-without-cable-a-cord-cutters-guide-to-the-nba.html
- List of Hulu Live Channels: https://www.hulu.com/live-tv
- Guide to Using Hulu Live: https://www.howtogeek.com/350514/what-is-hulu-with-live-tv-and-can-it-replace-your-cable-subscription/
- List of Sling Channels: https://www.sling.com/#channels
- List of YouTube TV Channels: https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/
- List of Playstation Vue Channels: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/vue/channels/
- Comparison for which channels are offered on different services: https://clark.com/technology/tvsatellite-cable/streaming-tv-comparison-best-channel-lineup/
- Guide for the various live streaming services with info on each service: https://clark.com/technology/tvsatellite-cable/best-streaming-tv-services/
- ESPN+: https://plus.espn.com/
- Roku Channel list: https://www.rokuguide.com/channels
- Pluto TV: https://pluto.tv
Prices for Streaming Services
- Basic (1 screen) $8.99/month
- Standard (2 screens), $12.99/month
- Premium (4 screens)$15.99
- Ad Supported: $5.99/month
- No Ads: $11.99/month
- Hulu + Live TV: $44.99/month
Amazon Prime: $112/year or $12.99/month (student discounts available)
HBO Now: $14.99/month
Showtime Anytime: $10.99/month
CBS All Access: With Ads: $5.99/month, Ad Free: $9.99/month
Acorn TV: $5.99/month or $59.99/year
BritBox: $6.99/month or $69.99/year