Grab and Go Service
Come in, browse, and borrow More info
Drive-thru hold pickup – Returns at the front door
Mon – Returns only 11-2
Wed – 11-7
Facility closed on Sundays and Mondays; Virtual library still open!
The facility is closed on Sundays and Mondays, but virtual services are open!
- Grab & Go browsing service (more info): Tuesday/Thursday/Friday 11-6, Wednesday 11-7, Saturday 10-2
- Hold pickup at the drive-thru (more info): Tuesday/Thursday/Friday 11-6, Wednesday 11-7, Saturday 10-2
- Item return (more info): Monday 11-2, Tuesday/Thursday/Friday 11-6, Wednesday 11-7, Saturday 10-2
Grab and Go Service
Patron are now able to browse and borrow from the adult, teen, and children’s circulating collections. We ask that you keep your visit short (15-30 minutes), with one person per household coming in if possible. In-person services will be limited to quick browsing, checking out items found on shelves, and readers advisory/reference services. Visitors are asked to keep a six-foot distance from staff and one another. The library will be open at limited capacity, allowing only 20 people at a time (for now).
We require everyone to wear a face mask (covering both your mouth and nose) while on library property. Visitors who cannot wear a mask for medical purposes, are encouraged to take advantage of our book bundle readers advisory services, where we gather materials for you to pick up at our drive-thru window. Requests for ADA accommodations can be made in advance by phone (518-477-7476) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For readers returning books, they will continue to be returned in the front foyer of the library. No returns will be accepted inside, and fines continue to be waived for books and materials (excluding specialty items).
- The book drop remains closed.
- Returns will be accepted in the front vestibule of the main entrance.
- Masks are required and must be worn properly (covering both nose and mouth) while on library property (including outdoor areas).
- Social distancing measures are in place for your health and safety.
Returning materials: Watch a Video
- Park in the parking lot. Curbside unloading is not allowed for safety reasons.
- Follow directional signs for entering the vestibule area. Cones have been placed to assist with social distancing.
- Drop items into the return bin.
- Exit the vestibule area on the opposite side of the entrance lane.
- Materials are quarantined for 4 days before they are released back into circulation.
- Allow up to 5 days for items to be removed from your account.
- Fines/fees will be waived during this time.
For more information, see our Reopening Plan.
Drive-Thru Hold Pickup
To streamline operations at the circulation desk, we are *only* offering hold pickup at the drive-thru.
- Service is available for items on hold & ready to be picked up.
- No returns will be accepted at the drive-thru window. Returns are accepted in the vestibule of main entrance only (see “returning items” for the returns process).
How to use the service: Watch a Video
To place a new request/pick up existing holds
- Place items on hold via https://catalog.uhls.org or phone 518-477-7476 (limited to 5 hold requests by phone).
- Holds can be modified for future pick-up date or cancelled online or by phone.
- Placing items on hold: https://eglibrary.org/popular-subjects/catalog-help/#request
- Wait for email or phone notification that your items are ready for pickup. Items will be held for 7 days.
- Picking up your items:
- Arrive at the drive-thru window during stated hours (above)
- For safety, masks must be worn properly (covering both mouth and nose) during service transaction and while on library property. If you do not have a mask, we ask that you return when you are able to comply.
- Photo ID or library card is required.
- Staff will process your information to complete the transaction.
Thank you for your patience. Please call or check our website for service updates.
Is the book drop open?
Book donations are not being accepted at this time.
Find Your Next Read
- NoveList: find books based on specific appeal factors or on other books you’ve loved
- NextReads: Sign up for themed newsletters to deliver recommendations to your inbox
- Staff Picks: New items, bestsellers, award winners, genre/subject lists, and more!
- Personalized reading recommendations for adults
- Book bundles for kids and teens
Visitors inside the building will see that many changes have been made to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 through the community. We are reopening very cautiously to keep our community and staff safe. To ensure everyone’s safety, many services will be limited during this time.
During the pandemic, it may be necessary for the library to change hours and/or service levels depending on current community infection rates and staff capacity. Service levels and estimated timelines are outlined in detail in our Reopening Plan. This chart provides a quick view of services the library intends to offer at each services level.
Chart Legend: ☆ = Limited ★ = Full
See below chart for definitions of limited service
|Planning the reopening||★|
|Returned Items Quarantined 96 hrs*||★||★||★||★||★||tbd|
|Overdue Fines Waived||★||★||★||★||★||tbd||tbd|
|Drive-Thru Hold Pickup||☆||★||★||★||★||★|
|Grab and Go Service||☆||☆|
|Building Open to Patrons||☆||☆||★||★|
|Public Computers Available||☆||☆||★|
|Children’s Play Areas Open||★|
|Meeting Rooms Open||☆||★|
|Ongoing book sale**||★||★||★||★|
|Book Drop Open for Returns||tbd||★|
|Book Donations Accepted||tbd||★|
Definitions of "limited" service:
- Virtual events: All summer reading programs, reading logs, and story times continue to be offered virtually. In addition, print summer reading logs will be available for pickup at the drive-thru window.
- Wi-Fi available: Wi-Fi is available in the area surrounding the building and is accessible at all times.
- Building open to patrons: During service level 4, patrons are limited to "Grab and Go" service.
- Public computers available: During service level 5, computer use will be available on a walk-in basis. First come, first served. Fewer computers are available and sessions are shorter. Computers will shut down early for cleaning.
- In-person events: The library may host small events with very limited capacity.
- Public seating: In level 5, seating will be introduced as capacity allows.
- Meeting rooms: Capacity and availability will be limited to allow for social distancing and cleaning.
- Bathrooms: Bathroom key is located at the circulation desk.
*Quarantine time increased from 72 to 96 hours based on the results of recent research.
**Book Sale: No change will be returned on book sale purchases.