Click to see service updates – Limit 5 people/15 minutes in the library
Today's Lobby Hours: Thursday 11 AM - 6 PM
Mon – Returns only 11-2
Wed – 11-7
Come in, browse, and borrow
Drive-thru hold pickup – Returns at the front door
Facility closed on Sundays and Mondays; Virtual library still open!
Visitors are reminded to:
- Wear a mask properly
- Stay at least 6 feet apart
- Avoid crowds
- Wash your hands often
The more steps you take, the more you are protected against COVID-19.
To help limit personal contact and create more space for social distancing, the following library service reductions/modifications are in place:
- Library visits limited to 15 minutes, 5 people at a time.
- Patrons are asked to limit their in-person visits to one person per household, per day.
- No seating available.
- No desktop computers available to the public.
- EG cardholders may borrow wi-fi hotspots and laptops.
- Parking lot wi-fi available.
- Copy/fax/scan/print services limited; no self-serve.
- No notary service.
- Materials are quarantined for 72 hours before being checked-in (no fines will be assessed for late materials as long as they are returned).
- Patrons are encouraged to place items on hold and pick them up at the drive-thru window.
- Limited bathroom access (key at circulation desk).
- Masks and 6 feet social distancing is required. If a patron wishes to wear a face shield, it must be in addition to a face mask.
Need ADA accommodations? Arrangements can be made in advance by phone (518-477-7476) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Drive-Thru Hold Pickup
To streamline operations at the circulation desk, we are *only* offering hold pickup at the drive-thru.
- Service is available for items on hold & ready to be picked up.
- No returns will be accepted at the drive-thru window during open hours. Returns are accepted in the vestibule of main entrance (see “returning items” for the returns process).
How to use the service: Watch a Video
To place a new request/pick up existing holds
- Place items on hold via https://catalog.uhls.org or phone 518-477-7476 (limited to 5 hold requests by phone).
- Holds can be modified for future pick-up date or cancelled online or by phone.
- Placing items on hold: https://eglibrary.org/popular-subjects/catalog-help/#request
- Wait for email or phone notification that your items are ready for pickup. Items will be held for 7 days.
- Picking up your items:
- Arrive at the drive-thru window during stated hours (above)
- For safety, masks must be worn properly (covering both mouth and nose) during service transaction and while on library property. If you do not have a mask, we ask that you return when you are able to comply.
- Photo ID or library card is required.
- Staff will process your information to complete the transaction.
Thank you for your patience. Please call or check our website for service updates.
For readers returning books, they will continue to be returned in the front foyer of the library while the library is open, and in the drive-thru book drop when the library is closed. No returns will be accepted inside or by staff members at the drive thru window, and fines continue to be waived for books and materials (excluding specialty items).
- The book drop remains closed while the library is open, but will be opened when the library is closed.
- Returns will be accepted in the front vestibule of the main entrance while the library is open.
- Masks are required and must be worn properly (covering both nose and mouth) while on library property (including outdoor areas).
- Social distancing measures are in place for your health and safety.
Returning materials: Watch a Video
- Park in the parking lot. Curbside unloading is not allowed for safety reasons.
- Follow directional signs for entering the vestibule area. Cones have been placed to assist with social distancing.
- Drop items into the return bin.
- Exit the vestibule area on the opposite side of the entrance lane.
- Materials are quarantined for 3 days before they are released back into circulation.
- Allow up to 4 days for items to be removed from your account.
- Fines/fees will be waived during this time.
Find Your Next Read
- NoveList: find books based on specific appeal factors or on other books you’ve loved
- NextReads: Sign up for themed newsletters to deliver recommendations to your inbox
- Staff Picks: New items, bestsellers, award winners, genre/subject lists, and more!
- Personalized reading recommendations for adults
- Book bundles for kids and teens