Board of Trustees
Library Road Map
Want to know what the library has been up to? Learn more:
2022 Election Information
Public Hearing for Preliminary 2022 Budget – Tuesday, July 20th, 6:30 pm
Tuesday, July 20, 2021 at 6:30 pm in the library. The public is welcome to attend. (See Calendar)
Open Trustee Positions – Packets available Wednesday, July 21st
There are two open positions on the Library Board of Trustees to serve either a five or four year term which will be determined by the final vote counts for the top two candidates. To run for election, you must be a resident of the Town of East Greenbush and file nomination petitions signed by at least 25 qualified East Greenbush voters along with your bio and photo for use in election publications no later than 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, August 15, 2021. Information packets will be available at the circulation desk beginning July 21st. Candidate information can be returned at circulation during open hours or via the drive-thru book drop.
Absentee Voting Applications (Library Election Only) – Available Wednesday, July 21st
- You must be a resident of the Town of East Greenbush and a registered voter to receive a ballot.
- Applications are available at circulation and drive-thru beginning on July 21st or download and print the application. Be sure to allow time to mail the application to us, receive the ballot in the mail, and to send your completed ballot back to us by the deadline as noted.
- If you are sending the application by mail, address your envelope to: East Greenbush Community Library c/o Community Relations Coordinator, 10 Community Way, East Greenbush, NY 12061
- The last day to request an application in person is September 7th by 5 p.m.
- All ballots must be postmarked by USPS on or before September 13th and received by the Library Director on or before September 21st. Specific instructions will be provided with your ballot and all requirements must be met to have your absentee ballot counted (see ballot instructions).
Please Note: The Rensselaer County Board of Elections provides the library with a list of voters that have indicated that they would like to receive absentee ballots for any or all elections. If you are on this list, you will receive an absentee ballot for the library election. To find out if you are on this list or to make changes you must contact the Rensselaer County Board of Elections at https://www.elections.ny.gov/Contact.html.
2022 Library Budget Vote & Election – Tuesday, September 14th from 9 am – 9 pm
Tuesday, September 14, 2021 from 9 am to 9 pm in the library. You must be a resident of the Town of East Greenbush to vote in the library election. Links to relevant documents will be provided on this page as they become available.
Michael Poost, President
Robert West, Vice President
Lynne Oudekerk, Treasurer
Mari Harris, Secretary
Camille Engel, Trustee
Shay Harrison, Trustee
Amanda Miller, Trustee
The Library Board of Trustees typically meets the third Tuesday of each month at 7:30 pm. Board members serve on one of two committees: Administrative and Service. To learn more, contact Michael Poost, Board President.
- March *no meeting due to COVID closure*
Copies of the 2009 to 2014 Library of Trustees Board Minutes are available in the library.
- February *No March meeting (COVID)